Ant Wars

 

Ant Wars

By Deborah Sharma

There are invaders in my house,
Not the usual burglar or mouse,
These boldly march and zig zag,
Curious and agile without lag.

But I’ll soon send them packing,
If I can do some patient tracking,
Of where they are sneakily boarding,
With the crumbs they are hoarding.

So, I deviously get down on the floor,
Trailing a gleeful one to the patio door,
Triumphantly hoisting a crumb on his back,
As he stealthily squeezed into a crack.

Sorry my little unwanted critters,
Time to evict till your number fritters.
I infiltrate their prized hiding place,
Spraying madly in a frantic race.

I seal up all the inviting cracks,
Erasing all their crafty tracks.,
If I find any more unwelcome shocks
I’ll be ready to place more secure
 blocks.

~ Deborah Sharma

Explanation

Another lovely experience of ants on the kitchen floor coming in through an unsealed crack.  I understand their need to survive but hoping in the future they can respect my space! Couldn't bring myself to post an actual pic of ants!

 

Comments

  1. I feel the same pain Debbie. Every year they invade my conservatory and I've yet to find out how they are getting in! Great poem, Nina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same pain Debbie. Every year they invade my conservatory and I've yet to find out how they are getting in! Great poem, Nina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! there is probably a really minute crack somewhere! i hate how they come in hoards, some areas are hard to seal tho like along the patio door. Thx for your feedback!

      Delete

Post a Comment