Shades of Autumn

 

Shades of Autumn

By Deborah Sharma

Memorable September,
I cherished your subtle energy,
You smoothed the sharpness of harsh Summer Sun.
Thank you compassionate September,
for subduing Summer’s
brutal burning and
for cooling our profuse perspiration,
whilst we marvelled
at the miracle of lush green leaves
transform into rich reds, golden yellows
and bountiful browns.
Enchanting September,
I’ll miss the mellow kisses
of your light breeze
on my lonely cheeks
as you playfully
ruffled my hair.
Make way for October’s dense dampness,
as the final leaves shower dank path,
my feet swim in a sea of leaves
treading a soft scrunching carpet.
Hugging ourselves in shivering chilliness
that creeps under our skin,
stealing into our bones
under the fading warmth of October Sun
amidst the shades of Autumn.

- Deborah Sharma

Comments